Jennifer was elected to the Three Rivers Park Board in November of 2012. She serves on the Park Board representing the communities of Brooklyn Park, Champlin, Dayton, Osseo and Maple Grove. She was appointed to serve as the Chair of the Three Rivers Park Board Intergovernmental and Community Engagement committee.
Since her election, Jennifer’s focus has been bringing the perspective of families to the Park Board decision-making process.
Jennifer’s priorities will continue to be:
- Safety in our parks
- Maintaining of our outstanding park facilities to enjoy today and for the future
- Affordable programming for all our families and communities members of all ages
- Transparent park operations and decision making with accessible leadership
- Respect for the taxpayers’ dollars
Jennifer is a mom of 4 young children and is married to Todd DeJournett. Jennifer and her family are long-time users of the regional park system and appreciate the wide variety of educational and recreational programs our Park District offers.
She is a graduate of Iowa State University with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, specializing in Structural Engineering. She recently went back to school to pursue a second college degree. Jennifer is currently attending Northwest Hennepin Community College located in Brooklyn Park, to work on an Associates of Science degree in Accounting.
Jennifer was recently appointed to the Construction Code Advisory Council by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry to represent Local Government. She has also served on the on the Minnesota Commission on National and Community Service (SERVEMN) board where she represented the perspective of volunteers.
Jennifer has been very active in her community.
Below is a list of some her current and past volunteer activities:
- Three Rivers Park Commissioner, District 2 – elected Nov. 2012 to current
- Intergovernmental & Community Engagement, Chair (Three Rivers park Board) – current
- Construction Code Advisory Council appointed by the MN Department of Industry and Labor – current
- Budget Advisory Committee, (City of Brooklyn Park, MN), former
- Vice Chair of the Human Rights Commission (City of Brooklyn Park, MN), former
- Independent School District 279 (Osseo), FISCAL Advisory Committee, former
- Independent School District 279 (Osseo), Strategic Plan Committee, former
- MN Commission on National and Community Service (SERVEMN), Board, former
- Gladstone Homeowners Association, Treasurer
- Co-Founder of Ever After Gowns
- Beacon Academy School, Parent Volunteer
- Meals on Wheels, volunteer
- Mary Queen of Peace, Parishioner
- Polar Plunge Minnesota, Participant